Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Leavin' on a jet plane

I love that song. Always have. Maybe it's because I knew I was destined to travel one day when I was all grown up. :-)

My plane leaves ATL at 2:20p EST tomorrow, and I'm very excited! I'm all but packed, just a few last minute things to do in the morning and a quick stop at the office on the way to the airport to photocopy my passport... just in case. I even remembered to locate my voltage changer and plug adapters and to pack all those pesky chargers for every little piece of electronics equipment that I would not survive without... the phone, the camera, the laptop ... Kids are nearly packed for the weekend at their dad's, and the doggies are ready for the weekend home alone with the dog-sitter. Mom comes in on Sunday to take care of EVERYTHING for the week, and that makes me very happy. Nothing to worry about when Mom's here!

I'll be 11 hours ahead of you folks on Eastern Standard time, but I'm hoping that time difference will make chatting with the kids and Mom not too challenging. By the time I'm out of work for the day, they should be up-and-at-em for the morning, and before I leave for work in the morning, they'll be home from soccer practice and other evening events. I don't see my kids much more than that these days anyway... they'll hardly know I'm gone!!

Next update from Thailand!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

They'll know you are gone! So glad you are taking a camera. Safe travels. I love you.